Monday, September 27, 2010

It's A Girl!


So today was the big day and we are happy to announce...IT'S A GIRL!! Jason and I will be welcoming Emily Morgan into the world sometime in the beginning of February - official due date 2.12.11. For any of you that don't know, Emily was my mother's name and Morgan is my father's mother's maiden name. Obviously, very sentimental and endearing - especially if you knew either one of the wonderful women they're named after.

The sonogram technician said we couldn't be in better shape. She checked everything from the size of her little head to the blood flow in the umbilical cord. According to the tech...''She is perfect!'' And she said Emily was putting on quite a show for us today too, she definitely has a lot of energy. It's amazing to see how much movement there is inside when all the while I am still only feeling random kicks, and Jason can't feel anything. Based on what we saw this morning though, I think I'll be doubled over in pain if the ninja training going on as Emily gets bigger.

I have gained 15 pounds so far, total. I feel great. My belly feels more cluttered than stuffed at this point but I think I definitely look pregnant. I guess I am moving a little slower these days but I don't care - I love it! I can't believe Jason and Sarah...are having a baby girl...Unbelievable.

Here are two stills from the sonogram we recorded this morning:

''Emily Morgan, Peace Ya'll''

I mean, I know you see that! COME ON!!
That is ridiculous. How funny is that?

Little feet!


These are the sonogram shots:




And this is what I look like today:




We are so thankful to God for the blessing of this baby and give Him all the glory for the miracle that it truly is. I mean, we had a grain of rice 20 weeks ago - how do you even take all that in?
Please keep Emily Morgan in your prayers, as well as Jason & myself.

Thanks for following us this far - we'll keep you posted.

Love and Blessing to all of you.

The Mayos
Jason, Sarah & Emily Morgan

3 comments:

  1. Im so glad you all got your little girl... I know that's what u all really wanted (not that u would have returned a boy;). Really cool tribute to your mom.... Jason is going to be wrapped around lil emily's finger!!
    Love u all,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, only your little girl would put up a peace sign for her sonogram. Hahaha! So happy for you both! :) Love you and hope I get to see you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, HAHAHA I just saw "Sarah's 'money' shot" picture on this blog and busted out laughing. That is hilarious! And I also had a "happy apple" that caris LOVES now! :)

    ReplyDelete